Since 2005, Gordian Capital has witnessed and been part of the rapid growth of the financial sector in Singapore. Now recognised as a global premier financial centre offering a highly regulated environment for international investors, Singapore provides a robust & transparent legal framework coupled with economic & political stability. Singapore appears on track to replace Switzerland as the world's top centre for managing international private assets.
- Active and well regarded regulator – Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) – Asia’s gold standard
- Rigorous corporate governance framework and adherence to international accounting standards
- Favorable tax incentives for Singapore domiciled Funds – robust application & screening process
- Extensive DTA network - most extensive network of free trade agreements (FTAs) in Asia
- Signed 35 investment guarantee agreements, designed to help protect investments made by Singapore-based companies in other countries against non-commercial risks.
- Thriving local VC scene; Asian PE’s and Asian Real Estate Fund’s locale of choice
- Low effective tax rate and significant government incentives drawing entrepreneurs from around the region and around the world
- OECD & full FATF member, not regarded as a tax haven
- Robust intellectual property (IP) regime - currently rated the best place in Asia and 7th in the world.
- Global transportation hub with easy access to ASEAN, Oceania, Indo-Pacific and China.
- Known for integrity, quality, reliability, productivity, rule of law, and enforcement of intellectual property rights - assets essential in the knowledge economy.
- Multi-cultural workforce highly educated, highly motivated and highly productive. Proficient in English – the language of international business.
- Vast array of training and scholarship programmes offered by the government in tandem with industry partners and educational establishments.
- Focus on innovation, capital-intensive activities and a globalised workforce
- Rated #1 as the most politically stable country in Asia